As a board-certified chiropractor, certified personal trainer and former collegiate athlete, Nate Wiechmann, D.C., understands the physical demands that are required to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
Originally from Stilwell, Kan., he grew up helping his family on their farm near Atlantic, Iowa, and went on to play football for Pittsburgh State University. He earned his bachelor of science and doctor of chiropractic degrees from Cleveland Chiropractic College, where he graduated cum laude. With strong family ties to the region, he eventually settled to Western Iowa and opened Pottawattamie County Sports & Family Chiropractic in June 2016.
Since then, he has helped patients in Oakland, Avoca, Carson, Council Bluffs and the surrounding areas relieve pain, restore movement and improve function. His specializations include:
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Class IV K Laser Therapy
- Cupping Therapy
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
- Fascial Movement Taping (FMT)
- Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR)
- Functional Movement Systems
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- Sports Medicine
- The McKenzie Method® (MDT)
- Trigger Point Dry Needling
When he’s not treating patients or helping on the farm, Dr. Wiechmann enjoys spending time with family, golfing and mountain biking. You can often find him hitting up the trails at Lewis and Clark Landing in Council Bluffs.